Are you an Engineer looking to work for a market-leading organisation who manufacture, supply, install and maintain high end flow measurement solutions. We’re looking for a Field Service Engineer to join our dynamic, customer-facing UK field team. You will be required to work in a diverse and exciting range of locations spread throughout the UK. You will need to be an enthusiastic problem solver who never shies away from a challenge, with excellent customer handling skills which will enable you to help us deliver the exceptional service our customers have come to expect.
What will you do?
- Performing field service activities, including on-site installation, upgrades, preventive maintenance and system repairs.
- Solving a broad range of hardware and/or software problems of varying scope and complexity
- Coordinating your own work schedule with direct colleagues, service operations and management.
- Instructing customers in the use of our instruments to ensure safe and effective customer operations
- Providing proactive and responsive technical telephone and email support, ensuring that our customers are successful in the use of their instrumentation
- Producing timely and accurate reports of your activities: e.g. service reports and expense reports
- Assuring highest level of Customer Experience to achieve customer satisfaction and loyalty
- Providing sales leads to account manager
Who we are looking for: (input experience, skills & abilities)
- Typically requires qualification in instrumentation/electrical, electronics/engineering or other applicable experience in a high-tech environment.
- Analytical trouble shooting and problem solving abilities.
- Excellent hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity.
- IT skills.
- Driving license required.
- Excellent communication skills in English, verbal and in writing.
- Independent, service-minded and educational in the approach towards customers.
- Highly organized, on top of things and in control of administrative work, including service reports and customer queries, also when being in the field and the pace is high.
- A strong team contributor, working remotely with the ability to connect with colleagues in the wider team.
- A natural interest in staying up to date with trends in technology.
- Self-starter, likes to be challenged.
- Knowledge of Flow Measurement Instrumentation and Hydrometry is an advantage but not a requirement.
- Providing feedback to support teams for correcting system documentation and updating procedures.
What’s in it for you:
- A future-proof job with an innovative and family-friendly employer
- Competitive package
- Excellent benefits
- Fully equipped vehicle
- 28 days annual holiday
It is a requirement that applicants have a full driving license, and any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS check.