Are you an Engineer looking to work for a market-leading organisation who manufacture, supply, install and maintain high end flow measurement solutions. We’re looking for a Field Service Engineer to join our dynamic, customer-facing UK field team. You will be required to work in a diverse and exciting range of locations spread throughout the UK. You will need to be an enthusiastic problem solver who never shies away from a challenge, with excellent customer handling skills which will enable you to help us deliver the exceptional service our customers have come to expect.
What will you do?
- Performing field service activities, including on-site installation, upgrades, preventive maintenance and system repairs.
- Solving a broad range of hardware and/or software problems of varying scope and complexity
- Coordinating your own work schedule with direct colleagues, service operations and management.
- Instructing customers in the use of our instruments to ensure safe and effective customer operations
- Providing proactive and responsive technical telephone and email support, ensuring that our customers are successful in the use of their instrumentation
- Producing timely and accurate reports of your activities: e.g. service reports and expense reports
- Assuring highest level of Customer Experience to achieve customer satisfaction and loyalty
- Providing sales leads to account manager
Who we are looking for: (input experience, skills & abilities)
- Typically requires qualification in instrumentation/electrical, electronics/engineering or other applicable experience in a high-tech environment.
- Analytical trouble shooting and problem solving abilities.
- Excellent hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity.
- IT skills.
- Driving license required.
- Excellent communication skills in English, verbal and in writing.
- Independent, service-minded and educational in the approach towards customers.
- Highly organized, on top of things and in control of administrative work, including service reports and customer queries, also when being in the field and the pace is high.
- A strong team contributor, working remotely with the ability to connect with colleagues in the wider team.
- A natural interest in staying up to date with trends in technology.
- Self-starter, likes to be challenged.
- Knowledge of Flow Measurement Instrumentation and Hydrometry is an advantage but not a requirement.
- Providing feedback to support teams for correcting system documentation and updating procedures.
What’s in it for you:
- A future-proof job with an innovative and family-friendly employer
- Competitive package
- Excellent benefits
- Fully equipped vehicle
- 28 days annual holiday
It is a requirement that applicants have a full driving license, and any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS check.
If you enjoy working in a dedicated team, we look forward to receiving your application! If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us
Please send your CV to Mr Mike Smith UK Service Manager.